The primary purpose of Plant.id is to provide a plant species and diseases identification API. To make it accessible to non-programmers, we created a web demo, which you can try at https://plant.id/ website. But did you know Plant.id demo website was created as a progressive web app? This means you can easily install and use it on your mobile device. Here is a tutorial on installing Plant.id to your phone so you can use it as a regular mobile application.
- Use the Chrome browser to access the website https://plant.id/.
- Tap the three dots icon .
- Select the option “Install app.”
- Confirm the installation.
- Now you should find the Plant.id app among your apps.
- (You can add the app to your home screen afterward.)
- Go to Safari and access the website https://plant.id/.
- Tap the share button and scroll down to view the whole menu.
- Select the option “Add to home screen.”
- Confirm the installation with the “Add” button.
- Now you should see the Plant.id app on your home screen.
Plant.id Demo provides everyone with free plant identification and disease identification. Since it is a demo, you can perform five identifications per week. It is not possible to upgrade this limit. If you are looking for expert plant identification, try our mobile application FlowerChecker.