Plant.id API: machine learning plant identification service
Make your business bloom with plant and plant disease identification powered by machine learning. Integrate the Plant.id API into your product or contact us for a custom solution. We use cutting-edge machine learning methods for training customized deep convolutional neural networks. With that, we can achieve the best possible results.
- trees, houseplants, ornamentals or wild plant identification
- Plant diseases identification
- Complex plant info
- Custom solutions
Best plant identification API on the market*
identification TOP3 accuracy
max. identification time
* Hamlyn G Jones, What plant is that? Tests of automated image recognition apps for plant identification on plants from the British flora, AoB PLANTS, Volume 12, Issue 6, December 2020, plaa052, https://doi.org/10.1093/aobpla/plaa052
Who is Plant.id for?
Agriculture and gardening
- Controlled environment
- Smart gardening
- Precise agriculture
Houseplant mobile apps
- Species identification
- Plant disease detection
- Plant care
- Invasive species monitoring
- Tree inventory
- Biodiversity mapping
Integrate plant identification API into your mobile application
Submit photos of an unknown plant and we will send you several species suggestions sorted by probability. Besides the scientific name, you will get common names, similar images, taxonomy, and much more.
We are using Plant.id to help our users identify their plants in our iOS app, and it’s been a great service both for us but espe-cially for our users – who are amazed. The accuracy and reliability of Plant.id is awe-some and the help and support you get from the team is amazing.Jesper Svennon, Planta
I’ve been working with the Plant.id team for at least 3 years. I won’t talk about techno-logy, everything works as it should and our multiple years cooperation proves that. But more important are the people who stay be-hind it. Always cooperative, reliable, want-ing to help their clients and supporting them in any cases.Aleksei Metelkin, Plantr
We’ve been using plant.id to support our plant identification app and PlantStory.app, which served more than one million plant lovers and tens of millions of plant identifi-cations over the past 3 years. plant.id is accurate, fast, and easy to use. We really appreciate the business opportunity with them!Chen Li, Plantstory
- March 2024: Plant.id Model Update. We will enhance the Plant.id model by adding new plant species, increasing the identification accuracy and expanding the knowledge base with more information.
- April 2024: Customized Plant Lists. We will create lists of particular plants, defined by geography (e.g., North America or Europe) or plant types (e.g., houseplants, garden plants, or trees).
- May 2024: Plant.id Meets LLMs. We will launch a beta version of Plant.id that integrates large language models (LLMs), for example, to provide the option to ask questions to refine identification results.
- June 2024: Symptom Recognition in Health Assessment: We will enable the users to locate the symptoms of plant diseases using object detection. This feature will help users to confirm the suggested diagnosis.